Monday, September 9, 2013

The Rhinebeck Sweater

I was up in the air about going to Rhinebeck this year.  I have only gone once.  It's a 3.5 hour drive each way for me.  Normal people would plan this out way ahead of time and just get a hotel room.  Not me!  I decide at the last minute what I want to do.  We will make it a day trip.  Lot's of time on the road, but hey, we can knit as we go, right?   I really don't need to go.  I have other Fiber Fests going on that time of year that are a lot closer.  But something about the atmosphere at Rhinebeck is exciting.  Also getting to see some online friends that I normally don't get to catch up with otherwise is awesome.  So we are going. This would mean I need to knit me a sweater especially for such an event, because many people do.

When I made this sweater for my nephew I remarked at how I loved the simple design and that I would love to make one for myself.  One of my Plurk friends informed me that there WAS such a version for adults.  So I bought some yarn last month from Knitpicks.  I cast on for it this past weekend.
I forgot how slow sweaters can go.  Will I get it done in time for Rhinebeck?  Absolutely.  I think Melissa cast on hers this past weekend too (I think it's her third Rhinebeck sweater - that girl is knitting like crazy lately).  Not only will I have it done by then, but I plan on wearing my Orange Brickless with it.  

I may be finishing Brickless up on the drive to Rhinebeck.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Rhinebeck is awesome and you will look fabulous in your new sweater!

karen said...

you can do it!!! I will be your cheerleader :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails