It's Thanksgiving time and it makes me think about what I'm thankful for. I'm obviously thankful for my family, friends, and the obvious but Carole prompted us to think about what we are thankful for right now.
1. Hot water. Our oil burner wasn't working properly last week and a hot shower wasn't an option for a day or so. I would have been super bummed if that happened today! It's pretty darn cold out there.
2. My health. For the most part, I'm healthy. I had a little incident Sunday night and wasn't sure if I would be able to work for a few days. That made me realize how lucky I am.
3. Reading. I find it hard to just sit and read but lately I have been making time and I am so enjoying it.
4. My knitting "job". I can't believe I get paid to help people knit. I love it and I love my students.
5. A working car. My brakes went a couple of weeks ago and it was a real pain to be without a car for the day. I'm grateful that it's reliable for the most part.
6. I know I say it all the time but my phone. I can stay in touch via Facetime with my little cuties (niece and nephew) out west, keep track of the books I'm reading, listen to audio books, check bank balances, do work on it, process photos... The list goes on.
7. My dog. He is just amazing - and a real stress reliever. He loves to just sit on the couch and cuddle with me. I look forward to the end of the day with him. He's a hyper dog by nature but now that he's almost three he's calming down he's even more fun.
8, Vacation. We are planning ours for next year and I can't wait since we really didn't take one this year.
9. My Yankee Candles. I have them everywhere. They just put me in a good mood. And I was invited to an friends and family event a couple of weeks ago and got lots more for a great price.
10. An attitude of gratitude lately. Life can be stressful and if you focus on the negative it's hard to function. Be grateful for where you are at.
And we're off! The Autumn weather of October and November is winding down. This week starts the preparation for Thanksgiving, which in our house, is THE holiday - especially for the hubby. It started today with the grocery shopping and will carry on now through the end of December!
I am determined to find Peace among the craziness. I started today with an appointment at the hair salon and will end the day with another beauty treatment. Whatever works, huh?
How do you keep some peace during the craziness of the holidays ?