Thursday, July 25, 2013

More Baby Knitting

There hasn't been much in the way of baby knitting in years.  Then all of a sudden this past year was an explosion of babies!  And you gotta love knitting for a baby because it goes real fast and it's all so cute!
This is the Baby Sophisticate.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry.  And of course I had to make a matching hat, because I'm all matchy-matchy like that.  It's for my cute little nephew Jet who will hopefully fit into it over the winter.  His mom just loves sock monkeys so I got these great buttons on Etsy.
I loved working on it so much that I bought the adult version of the pattern. I doubt it will look as cute as this but I know it will be comfortable!
And I bought enough yarn to make one for me and one for my hubby.  I think I'll leave the sock monkey buttons off of his.

8 comments:

Carole Julius said...

That's really cute. I think your husband deserves monkey buttons, too, though!

paula@weewhimsicals said...

Such sock monkey fun! What a wonderful baby set!

kathy b said...

I love that neck line on the sweater...my favorite. Great idea to make an adult size! I have a vest for a baby that I'm going to UP size to adult!

sparkeespud said...

Adorable!

karen said...

my goodness, the buttons make the outfit! Love the tweediness :)

Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley said...

I agree on how nice baby knits are as they do finish up so quickly! Cute buttons. :)

Tracy Joyner said...

These little sock monkey buttons are SO CUTE!

Sarah McKelvy said...

What Etsy shop did you get the sock monkey buttons from? They're adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails