Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spinning Jupiter

A couple of weeks ago I started spinning Drops of Jupiter.  It took me way longer than it normally would to spin 4 oz.  I can sometimes get that done in an evening depending on how thick I spin it.  I was spinning Jupiter on the thin side with the intention of making a three ply yarn.  I wanted to over-ply it as to make a stronger sock yarn which seems to have worked well for me in the past.

Sunday evening I finally had it all spun and ready to ply.
Within an hour it was all done and soaking. I hung it by the fire to dry (yes - it's cold enough again to have the wood stove up and running).  I was able to take some photos yesterday when it was sort of dry.
I think I plied it enough so it will be durable.
I am anxious to cast on some socks with it.  A simple ribbed pattern will work great.  And I think I got enough yardage to make it work if I make the socks short.  I might even make the heel and toes from another yarn just to make sure.  But I  have time to think it over.  I still have two other pairs to finish plus my Elowen - which I tackled last night and am well on my way to finishing.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I haven't successfully spun sock yarn yet but it's on my list of things to do. Yours is beautiful.

Gale Bulkley said...

It's so pretty Donna. I love the name of the colourway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails