Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Drops of Jupiter

While catching up on old episodes of The Knit Girllls I saw some lovely fiber Leslie had bought.  The colors were amazing and it looked like it was fun to spin.  I assumed the Etsy seller didn't have any more since this had been over a year ago, but when I clicked on Giggle Jelly's site I saw it and had to have it. 
I ordered it on Thursday and on Saturday this was in my mailbox.  80% merino, 20% tussah silk. 

I unrolled it and tried to decide how I wanted to spin it.



I settled on seperating the colors and spinning them on three bobbins.  My goal is to spin socks with it so I am going with a slighly over spun three ply yarn. 
That worked well when I spun the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sheep to Shoe kit.  It came with 8.5 oz. of fiber and I had more than enough yarn to knit 2 pairs of socks.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 4 oz. will get me at least one pair.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I think your approach is perfect, this fiber will make decadent socks!

suzanne said...

I do agree what beautiful fiber...I am a new spinner. I have an ashford 'Joy'. I suppose it does get easier as you go along. You spin so evenly too...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Warm regards
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails