Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2012 Goals


Time to check up on how my goals are coming along for 2012.  Let's consult the original post:

1.  Keep schedules better.  I have been doing well in this area.  I have been putting appointments and reminders into my phone as soon as I can.  I have been sticking with Informant since I already have it set up on the Iphone.  I'm sure there is something better but for now it's working.

2.  Take more pictures with my camera.  A definite score here.  Since hubby got me my memory stick I can shoot till my hearts content.  No worry about running out of space.  I still need to take more each day but it's progress for sure.

3.  Read more.  Well I guess if you count blogs I have accomplished this.  I don't seem to get that much alone time lately, which doesn't lend itself to reading for long periods of time.  I have gotten through about 1/3 of 1000 Gifts which is probably more than I have done in years. 

4.  Knit my sock yarn stash.  I'm still working on the first pair of socks, but I haven't bought any sock yarn!

5.  Card and spin my fleece.  I carded a little.  I will probably spin a little this week.  I put this in my calendar as a reminder to card every couple of weeks. 

6.  Publish one of my patterns. I have to have my last pattern test knitted and then I can put it on the blog.  I haven't even been able to blog about the project because the original was a gift for Christmas that I still have not given to the recipient. 

7.  Explore the vegetarian lifestyle.  I signed up for the Whole Foods Workshop and am so excited about it.  I think this is going to be life changing.

8.  Take country line dancing.  Lisa has been researching this for us.  It's a go as soon as we can find a class that is convenient.

9.  A place for everything.  I made some strides on the first floor.  I have been just tossing whatever I can when nobody is looking and finding cute baskets and things to keep items contained.  My yarn room is this weekend so wish me luck. 

10.  Change up the blog.  I made some changes but I have more that I would like to do.

I think I am on target.  I'm not expecting miracles overnight but it is progress.  And that is good.

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

It's impressive that you've already made so much progress!

Gale Bulkley said...

This is an ambitious list of resolutions. Good work.

Heather said...

I love your goal list for the year! I have to say that I never thought I would be a vegetarian, I love steak. But, over the past several years (since I was first pregnant) I have made many strides into vegetarian/vegan eating. I would love to be vegan, but find that I do well with eggs once in a while. I do want to give up dairy though. It is a little too much for me, although I do love cheese...maybe I wouldn't love it as much if it didn't have that addictive chemical in it...As for finding a place for everything, have you looked at Organized Simplicity by Tsh from simplemom.net? I have the print version, but I recently got it for my nook color too. It is an amazing book. I have been going through it since the beginning of the year, which I think you have noticed on my Thursday posts :-) I definitely recommend it though! It really helps to put *stuff* into perspective! Hope you are having fun with the workshop so far! I am loving the new recipes :-) Especially the green smoothies...although I use baby spinach instead of kale, much milder taste - and I don't have a source of organic kale right now. Sorry...long comment :-)

Unknown said...

You're doing great! My goal of eating healthier, exercising more and just trying to get in shape in general did good for about 2 weeks then my toddler got sick for 2 weeks. I've fallen way behind and need to re-start! I hope you enjoy the Whole foods workshop. I love Heather's blog and hope to take her course one of these years!

Mary said...

...after just 38 days, I think that's tons of progress! can't wait to hear about the whole foods class and I'm enjoying watching you knit all those socks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails