Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10 on Tuesday - 2 Weeks Late



Welcome to my world people. I saw this topic a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I never got to blogging about it because my laptop was giving me trouble, I had no current pictures to post, I was busy, etc... That's usually why I don't blog regularly - everything else gets in the way and I let it fall off the To Do List. Well hopefully the following list will be helpful in not letting that happen anymore.

10 Things I Want To Do In 2012

1. Keep schedules better. With all the apps I have downloaded to my Iphone such as Toodle Do, Informant, Springpad, Evernote, Organizing - you would think I had it all together. I guess I do - it's just spread out all over the place and needs to be streamlined.

2. Take more pictures with my camera. I was looking to get a DSL camera after Christmas but I couldn't justify spending the money if I can't even operate the 3 simple digital cameras correctly. I am carrying my camera with me all the time and I plan to go online and find some helpful tutuorials.

3. Read more. I have my Nook Color and I love it. I just have a hard time reading these days with knitting calling my name. I think I can manage both at the same time if I am knitting simple socks now.

4. Speaking of knitting - I want to knit most of my sock yarn stash. It is not huge. I'm guesstimating that I have maybe enough yarn to knit 20 pairs of socks. And socks make great gifts.

5. Card and spin that awesome fleece I got last year. I am hand carding it (yes, I do have access to a drum carder but I like to hand card in small amounts and I think I can do this). This fleece will become a sweater for me and my daughter next year sometime.

6. Publish one of my patterns. Even if it is only on my blog, I will feel like I contributed something in exchange for all those great free patterns I use on Ravelry.

7. Explore the vegetarian lifestyle. I never thought I would say this but I have met quite a few people lately who have made the change and they look and feel great. I think they may be on to something.

8. Take Country Line Dance lessons. I went to Tobie Keith's "I Love This Bar" a couple of weeks ago to see a friend play in a band and was in awe of all the people line dancing. I think I convinced Lisa to do this with me.

9. A place for everything and everything in it's place. I can't count the hours that are wasted in my household on "straightening up". Bottom line - we have way too much crap for one household. Bottom line problem - some people, who shall remain nameless, refuse to throw anything out. I am afraid I will have to resort to drastic measures to make them see the error of their ways. If anyone has any helpful hints, please pass them on. In the meantime, you will find me sneaking big black garbage bags into the dumpster at 6:30 AM.

10. Change up the blog. My blog has had little attention, let alone not many entries. It has been neglected and I plan to spruce it up a bit. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails