Thursday, December 4, 2008

Those Amazing Kids!

I learned to knit when I was a child. I remember sitting on my grandmothers big rocking chair (I think it was one of those lazyboy recliners - scratchy green material and you had to put a blanket on it to be comfortable in the summer) and knitting with her metal needles. I got a couple of small Barbi blankets done but that was about all.

I taught my daughter to knit when she was about 8 years old. She had the attention span of a gnat, so she would sit for a while then get bored and pick it up again at a later time. Over the summer we bought these bracelet kits and had so much fun. Personally I didn't enjoy it so much - the needles are way too tiny and the whole process just kind of hurt my eyes. But I loved the results. We went to our local craft store and bought some more supplies but they just sort of sat around since the summer.

Well Nicole decided that these bracelets would make great Christmas presents for her friends. She has been knitting up a storm. Check these out!



She was working on this one last night.


I'm not sure if I would have had that much patience at 13 to do that much teeny tiny knitting, but it's working for her. Kids are amazing sometimes.

And speaking of amazing kids have you seen the beautiful creations of this wonder-kid? Her mom has a great blog where you can see even more. Leah even has her own little fiber business going! Both her mom and dad are incredibly talented people as well, so it's no wonder where she gets her creativity from.

Yep - kids are amazing!

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

Nice bracelets, Nicole! Nice new avatar, Donna! Thanks a bunch for the kind words and the shout out today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails