Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Charity Knitting - Check!

For the last couple of years Margene and Carole have been encouraging knitters everywhere to Knit Unto Others. Although this year they have not officially made it an 'event', us knitters are still knitting for charity. I don't do it as often as I would like, but when Christmas comes I find myself thinking of others who need more than I do.

Last month at the RI Spinners Guild meeting there was somebody (I'm so sorry I can't remember who - I am so bad with names) who was handing out bags of fleece. They were for free, but you were asked to spin it up and make a hat for charity. I got the carding and spinning done in one night. Last night while my girlscouts were working on their charity project I knit it up. The result:


Sorry for the crappy indoor photos lately - I have been getting home too late to take pictures during the day and in morning before I leave for work it is still dark. I feel like a mole.....

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

'tis the season. Just last night, I was just thinking about casting on another charity hat.

I hear you about the dark indoor photos. It's putting a crimp in my blogging style too. Bring on the sunshine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails