Friday, December 5, 2008

Yay Friday!

Well, I finished my addicting Noro scarf - which I made into a moebius. I love the way it looks! You will have to trust me that it looks purdy - it is blocking next to the woodstove and I didn't get to take pics this morning.

Yesterday was "one of those days". I knew it would be a crazy run-around day, as Thursdays usually are for us. No big deal - lots of driving here and there, working, karate for Nicole, blah blah. I ran home to pick Nicole up and noticed that the dog had vomited a bit (sorry for the graphics). Not unusual. The weird part was that his fur looked, well, clumpy all over. It would come and go. Sooo bizarre! I had never seen a Lab with fur that looked that way. He looked like he had the mange or something. I tried to give him a biscuit - wouldn't eat it. Gave him some bread (his absolute favorite thing in the world) and he wouldn't touch it. Hmmm... Hubby got home and said he would keep an eye on him as Nicole and I were heading back to the office for a while then to karate.

Got a phone call from hubby 30 mins later saying doggie looked worse - so we called the vet and rushed over. Turns out he had an allergic reaction to something (we have no idea what caused it - doc said it could have been a bug bite - and I'm thinking what the heck kind of bug do I have in my house that would make a 100 pound Labrador react like that????? After a couple of shots and $200 all was better. It was scarey for sure - all I kept thinking was brain tumor and a bad outcome.

Needless to say I am a happy camper that it is Friday. Lots of fun stuff planned for the weekend - going to see Grease in Providence, dinner out in the city, getting the tree, a huge craft fair that we look forward to every year. And yeah, some knitting.

And since I hate a post without any pictures, I am recycling an old one of my boy, who thankfully feels better today!

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

We have an older dog who had some problems a couple of mos. ago too. Things seem to have improved for her as well, thank goodness, but what a change in the household dynamics when everybody's worried about the furry family member. Love those furbabies!

judy said...

very cute picture. glad to hear that he's feeling better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails