Overall I'm not a superstitious person. Some I believe, some I don't. But being from an Italian family I can tell you we have some strange ones! So here are 10 that we have heard around our house, and a lot of them aren't really superstitions, just old folk tales;
1. Black cats are bad luck. We believed in that so much that we got a black dog.
2. No passing a baby over the kitchen table. My mother in law would yell at me for that!
3. Speaking of tables, no shoes on the table - even new ones in a box. I still don't do that.
4. Friday the 13th. I have to admit that I am on guard on that day.
5. If you have an itchy right palm, you will receive money, if it's the left - you're paying money out.
6. Always put an extra candle on a birthday cake.
7. If you are selling your house it's said that you should bury a small statue of St. Joseph in the yard. But you have to put him upside down. Strange, huh? My dad did it years ago and their house sold shortly thereafter.
8. The number 13 is just unlucky in general. We never manufacture a boat with the number 13 in it. My brother skipped it every time. We are sticking with that tradition.
9. If somebody gets a new car you are supposed to throw change in it for good luck.
10.Never open an umbrella in the house.
Join us over at Carole's to see the lists of other. I'm sure I will learn some different ones today!