Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekending


The weekend was mostly all about Rhinebeck. And I have to say for me - Rhinebeck is about 40% buying and 60% talking to people I only get to see once a year. My bestie Lisa came with us again and it's great to bring a non-fiber loving friend in my opinion. We hit the crowded vendors first which were Into The Whirled and Miss Babbs. We sent Lisa to get in line while we shopped. 


This was the Miss Babs line. As much as I despise waiting it's really fun here. You chat with other fiber freaks, exchange ideas, socialize. It's quite fun. 



The foliage is spectacular this time of year. I couldn't take enough photos. 


And of course there were the animals. 





Here's one you don't see every day at fiber festivals. 


A Capuchin monkey. He was adorable. One of the highlights of the day was getting to hang around with Jen. 


When blog life and real life collide. I love it. I was so excited she was able to take the trip from Denver!  With any luck I can get out to Estes Wool Market and visit her next time. 

So what did I end up with?  We shall have to save that for another day since I haven't gotten to taking pictures of that yet. I can tell you what didn't come home with me - another fleece. I didn't even go into the fleece area in order to be safe!




6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What an amazing day out, looks like a great festival and even better when enjoyed with friends.

Patty said...

Your sweater is brautiful! Sorry we didn't cross paths - it was a beautiful day. It got chilly at the end though!

Carole said...

I never really miss going to Rhinebeck - until I start seeing the posts of friends who did go! Glad you had a good time!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I loved each and every photo, thank you. And you and Jen met up, how great is that!!!
Rhinebeck is on my bucket list, one day for sure I will make it.

Lisa said...

How fun, Donna! A few years ago I went to Stitches West with my step-momma -- we had the best time...your photos make me want to go again, but it's so, so far away!
Thanks for sharing with us! xo Lisa

karen said...

thank you for sharing your trip with us! that line is long :) So happy that you and jen met up in real life!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails