Monday, November 25, 2013

Onion Shortcake



A few people asked for my recipe for Onion Shortcake. I made it over the weekend so I thought I'd share it. 

Onion Shortcake

2 Large Onions sliced
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 can creamed corn
A few dashes of Tabasco sauce

Sauté onions in butter on stove till browned. Remove from heat. Add sour cream and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix till cheese is melted. Set aside. 

In seperate bowl mix egg, milk, and corn.  Mix till blended. Add a few dashes of Tabasco. Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish (I use my old 8x8 Corningware dish). Pour onion mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes. 

If you're making this for Thanksgiving you can make it advance and bake it the next day, which is what I usually do. 


Enjoy!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm definitely trying this - thanks for the recipe!

Deborah Hamilton said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm one who asked for it, and I'll be making it this week. YUM!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I love you Donna, thanks so much for writing this up for us. I can't wait to try it.

Deborah Hamilton said...

I made the onion shortcake and it was really delicious. I'll be making it again for Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails