Can somebody please tell me where the month of April has gone? I cannot believe that tomorrow is May 1st already. May is a crazy month in our house. There is lots going on. So let's talk about 10 Things I'm Looking Forward to in the Month of May.
1. My birthday. It usually falls on Memorial Day Weekend. My best friend's b-day is the day before mine so we always have something fun planned.
2. My anniversary. This is the beginning of the month.
3. Mother's Day. It's the one day a year where I feel no guilt about sitting outside and knitting all day.
4. The fiber festivals. New Hampshire is the next one for me. Followed by RI, of course.
5. Nicole's final high school musical. I can't believe she is a senior and this is the last one.
6. Lilacs. My favorite flower ever! They are usually in full bloom by my birthday.
7. More knitting on the deck - without being as bundled up as I was this past weekend.
8. Baseball games. I'm looking forward to my first Pawsox game but I refuse to go until I know I won't freeze. Shall we talk about the year we went for our birthday and it was 30 degrees and raining? On Memorial Day weekend? Yeah - that left mental scars and a fear of being cold that didn't exist before. And a nasty cold that wouldn't leave.
9. Farmers Markets. I love doing that on a Saturday morning.
10. Nicole graduating. She technically doesn't graduate till June 14th but most of the work and exams (and her stress) will be over in May. She is ready to move onto college and start the next chapter of her life.