Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yarn Along

It was a glorious weekend!  The weather was absolutely perfect.  I got to indulge in my favorite summertime activity - knitting and reading on the deck.

I'm still knitting on my Oaklet and I'm about 4 rows away from starting the lace edge.  I am just blown away by the color changes.
It's so easy to knit this while I read.  I'm on the second Shades of Grey book.  It's simple to read and I'm all about that these days.

Simple knitting, simple reading.  Bring on the summer.

Linking with Ginny again for Yarn Along.

10 comments:

Miu said...

The colour is really amazing!

azwoolgirl said...

Beautiful colors in your yarn and Oaklet is such a soothing project! :)

Anke said...

I have heard so much about the "Shades Of Gray" books, they are definitely on my must read list.

Carole Knits said...

A perfect way to spend a warm afternoon!

steph said...

you are like the gazillion-th person doing oaklette shawlette---looks like I've got to add it to the queue!!! Your colors and amazing....can't wait to see the lace edge!

karen said...

Great yarn choice! Love the color changes :)

Spinneretta said...

Looking lovely there :)
Sounds like the perfect afternoon!

Jen said...

Beautiful shawl!

The second book was my favorite of the three. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

embracingitall said...

Looks like the perfect location to knit and read too. Hope you are enjoying some lovely warm weather. Shades of Grey books seem to be popular at the moment. Jacinta

Libby said...

Wow what awesome colours. Can't wait to see the finished result. I didn't like Shades of Grey - struggled with the style of writing and only got through about a 1/3 way through. Seems you either love it or hate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails