Friday, February 3, 2012

UFO Friday

I have a couple of UFO's flying around that I wanted to blog about. The first is my socks. In my effort to use some of that sock yarn I have been talking about, I dug out some old stuff I got from Knit Picks. I'm using the good old picot edge sock pattern by the talented Carole Knits. Nice spring colors, huh?
And look at that awesome project bag my favorite aunt sent to me for Christmas (OK - I showed her exactly what I wanted on Etsy but she is a crafter too, so she gets me). We both tried to stick to local artists in our gift exchange this year and it was a lot of fun. While she is amazingly talented with stained glass and painting, I enjoy my fiber and I have the greatest time when I get to visit her in NC and hang out in her studio. I am now determined to have seperate bags for each of my knitting projects, so I have a feeling I may have to break out that sewing machine and spend some time with my mom so she can teach me what to do. I also cast on a simple basket weave scarf for Nicole's boyfriend (with yarn from my stash - can I hear a "YAY" for stash busting?).
I apologize for the Iphone pictures. The weather has not been very photo friendly lately so this is what I am left to work with. Did you notice the Vera Bradley bag in the background? A present from my hubby. He gives the greatest presents, especially when I call him and say "guess what? You just bought me a Christmas present! I'm at the Vera Outlet and yes, I'm going to love it." Makes us both happy.
I don't think I will ever shop anyplace else for Vera except the outlet store. Everything was 50 percent off. I even got a matching cosmetic bag project bag for around $12. Anything to avoid sewing my own.....

6 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I love your new socks and your bags, too!

Old Maid New said...

You have some skills girl! I am so excited to get this Whole Foods Workshop up and running. It is a great opportunity to meet nice people like you. Thanks for stopping by :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, too. Nice to "meet" you!

Patty said...

It all looks lovely - the socks, the bag, the retreat a few posts back! My brother just went to SHRH a couple of weeks ago and was talking about the deer. I spent my summers in Wareham growing up so I have a great fondness for that neck of the woods! Enjoy the weekend.

Unknown said...

I love the socks!! Nice and springy!

Beth said...

Cute bags! And your socks look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails