Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Contrary To Popular Belief

I DO know how to cook! I get teased about the fact that I don't cook. It's not that I don't know how or I'm not good at it. The truth is that I can cook - but my Hubby is much better at it and it's his passion. I can get the job done but he puts LOVE into his cooking let me tell ya. Oh - and due his employment situation these days - he is home more than I am.

Now while I do like to cook I LOVE to bake. I did a lot of it when I was home more often. While reading Faiths blog (Needle and the Damage Done) I saw a great recipe for cupcakes. (Sorry for the lack of links- that is one downfall of posting from my IPhone). I immediately thought of baking them for my moms birthday this past weekend. I made some modifications - I left the cookie dough out because, well, I kinda ran out of time. And the cupcakes - they were a box mix I had.


Look at that marshmallow frosting.


We toasted them just before serving.


Well - Hubby did the toasting with one of his gadgets (oh please - my life with his gadgets needs an entire post of it's own).

They kinda reminded me of something Dr. Seuss might serve with the Cat In The Hat.






Mom loved them. And thats what was important. Happy Birthday Mom!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Faith said...

Ooh, delicious!! I'm so glad you were able to use the recipe! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails