Thursday, March 25, 2010

There is knitting - really

Despite the time change and the fact that it actually stays bright out till about 7 pm I haven't had a chance to take many good photos of my knitting and spinning. I have been able to work on my socks at odd times. I have also been working on Shawl That Jazz (sorry for the lack of links). I am happy with the progress and my goal is to have it finished by CT Sheep and Wool - which is only 4 short weeks away. There is the promise of sunshine this weekend so I will take some photos then.

I was going to to ply my Socks That Rock Fiber that I finished spinning last night. I brought my wheel downstairs to ply (becaause my Louet is THE plying wheel) and was getting ready to start. Then Nicole came out of her room in tears. Her hamster died. She had her for a little less than a year. And she was devastated. The rest of the night was spent sitting on the couch with her. There was nothing I could do but hug her and let her cry. It was "her" first pet that she had responsibility of. Nicole asked if I could "dispose" of the body in the morning, so Magnum and I gave her a proper burial at sea. Well, in the stream, or at least somewhere down in the valley where other wild creatures roam free. He sat next to me, we said a couple of words and off she went. Then a deer ran by. We hadn't seen one in months so I took it as a good sign.

RIP Mort the Hamster

2 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Much sympathy to Nicole. Please post a pic of Shawl that Jazz...And the spinning.

bySarah said...

Sorry about Mort.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails