Tuesday, March 9, 2010

10 On Tuesday Update

Last month I listed 10 Household Tasks I had been avoiding. My goal was to get 5 tasks accomplished by the end of the month. Do you think I met my goal?

Yarn room - cleaned out. I went through bins and sorted my stash a bit. Found lots of fiber I had forgotten about. It at least makes me less likely to buy what I don't need this spring during the fiber festivals. I was not organized enough to take photos of said stash for ravelry. I think what I might do is photograph what I spin from now on and add it to rav stash. At least it's a start right?

Bedroom closet - purged. I will do it again in a few months with the change in the weather.

Antique dressing table - cleaned out. It's still not being used properly but I got rid of alot of garbage that needed to go.

China cabinet - hubby stroked out when I started pulling stuff out and putting it in storage. He has no problem with the "cluttered" look. It makes me want to crawl out out of my skin. In the interest if marital harmony we will have to discuss this at a later date. I have storage boxes in the kitchen so it won't come as a total shock when items start to go "missing".

Paper - I cleared out every bag that had paper/bills/keepsakes from Nicole. I bought more storage bins to organize even more. But last weeks mail is still on the counter so I need to do it again!

I am pleased with the progress. I am determined to finish the list by April 15th. Now is the perfect time to get those things done. There is more light in the day and it's not so cold to encourage hibernation.

And speaking of finishing:




My rockin socks are done and ob my feet today! Just loving them!

And another finished project:



Baktus. Great way to use handspun stash.




It is actually too warm to wear around my neck but knowing how March is around here I am sure the cold will be back for one last visit.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Rows Red said...

Congratulations! I'm very impressed, clutter is insidious, and it doesn't go willingly. (At least in my house it doesn't.)

Keep up the good work, I know how good it feels as we've done the big purge ourselves while moving into the house. I feel lighter, and I'm betting you do too!

bySarah said...

what an amazing amount of cleaning! good for you!

and congrats on your FO's. The socks and scarf are both really pretty.

Jody said...

Great job on the de-cluttering! I'm trying to do the same. One room at a time!

I love your socks and scarf too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails