Friday, March 26, 2010

My Socks Will Rock

I finished plying my STR fiber last night. I can usually get through two 4 oz bobbins plied together in about an hour or so. This took me almost 2 hours to ply 3 bobbins that only had about 2.6 oz on each one. I obviously spun it as thin as I was hoping for!

I ended up with 433 yards of three ply sock yarn.



Considering I took the pics with my iPhone camera the colors are pretty accurate.




Here it is drying by the fire last night.

Check out how much twist is in the plying.



The instructions say to do it that way even though it won't seem correct. It looks all good to me right now.

I am hoping it dries in time over the weekend so I can cast on!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

that's some beautiful spinning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails