Thursday, March 4, 2010

Silver Medal

For the last couple of years I looked forward to the winter Olympics for a multitude of reasons. First I love the sports - the snowboard cross kept me mesmorized as well as the downhill skiing, curling, and the mens figure skating. We just won't talk about the hockey. Actually - let's talk about that, shall we? I could not watch the game as Nicole had her hockey practice at the same time. I kept getting updates on my Iphone. When we finally arrived home we got the update that Team USA lost. But they didn't really lose. They failed to get the gold but they did get a silver medal. And while it takes some of the excitement out of the experience, they still won.

That was how my Olympic knitting went too. I cast on during the opening ceremonies and knit on my sweater at about every free moment. I wouldn't even stop to take pictures of my progress or update the blog. Must keep knitting was my mantra. The other mantra became, "oh my aching hands". And I had to take a break. Life had the nerve to get in the way - so much happened last week that I won't bore you readers with, but I did finish my sweater. On Monday - March 1st. One day after the closing ceremonies. So while I didn't get the Gold, I consider my award to be Silver. I have a sweater that I love and is comfortable to wear. And you can't see pictures of it yet because I am wearing it today! I will take some over the weekend when we have some sunlight (did I mention we have had almost no sun for 2 weeks?).

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

:::chanting::: pictures, pictures, pictures! Hear the roar of the crowd?!

bySarah said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing, I cant wait to see it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails