Monday, October 19, 2009

Why I Have No Rhinebeck Pictues

Last year was my first trip to NY Sheep and Wool. We made a "kamikazi" run. There and back in one day. The bunch of us figured we would save the hotel money and spend it on yarn instead. It's a long day, but very worth it.

Due to hockey commitments on Saturday I wasn't able to go till Sunday. No big deal. Unfortunately the weather forecast was not so great for that day. Lisa, Linda, Pat & myself conferred on Saturday and decided we would forge ahead and go, regardless of the cold, windy, rainy forecast. I got it all together Saturday night. I packed my camera, plugged the address in the GPS, printed out the map (because me being the control freak that I am still doesn't trust the GPS entirely), plastic garbage bags to put my purchases in to stay dry, and a change of clothing for the ride home. I set the alarm for 5 AM. I was actually up before the alarm, due to the excitement. I hopped out of bed. And then reality hit - I had a sinus headache from hell. You know the kind that borders on being a migraine? I couldn't focus, my head was stuffy, the right side of my face was red and hot. I got into the shower figuring if I took some tylenol (I can't take the sinus meds anymore - they don't work on me)and sat in the steam for a bit I might be OK. No chance. I got out of the shower, got partially dressed and laid back down. Sent texts to the girls saying I had a headache and that I would be 15 mins late for our departure. After 30 mins it was obvious that this headache was here for the day. There was no way I could spend 7 hours in a car with the pain. I wanted to cry, but didn't fearing the pain would get worse. I texted again and told them I was out. I couldn't do it.

Most of the day was spent depressed that I couldn't go and frustrated that I couldn't even focus to knit a stitch. I was aggravated. The pain did subside by about 4 pm. I knew I made the right decision to stay home as left out as I felt. Well, at least I can say I made it there once. And there' always next year.

And since you know how much I hate a post without a picture, I will share a new favorite of mine.

My favorite Yankee Candle scent of late. Farmers Market. Very similar to Harvest, but a little more fruity. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

calicokitty6 said...

I'm sorry you couldn't get to Rhinebeck. :( I'm glad to see you did make it to Stitches. :)

SwissKnits! said...

Last year I was at Rhinebeck *with* a migraine... it ruined the whole day for me. So I understand 100%, about having to cancel.

I too missed Rhinebeck 2009, for a baby shower, where I showered Mom2Be with many knitted goodies! The pride I felt was immense. And seeing the Mom2Be in a hand knit sweater? Well, it was all too much!! :) She was SO HAPPY, with the knitted goodies!!! And, I have to say, the thrill I had over the whole day was just as much of a 'high' as any fiber festival!!

I'm glad you were able to console yourself with Stitches!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails