Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"I Don't Have Any Interest In Doing That"

I remember when I picked knitting back up after years and years of not doing it. I went to a Knitters Breakfast at Fabric Place (are any of them even in business anymore?). They had all kinds of demonstrations going on. Entrelac knitting, sock knitting, lace knitting. We saw some people spinning on spinning wheels. I thought to myself "why would you ever spin yarn when you can buy it in the store? I have no interest in doing that." And I ignored that demonstration. Well eat my words, because as we all know I got the spinning bug and 4 wheels later here I am.

After I became fully obsessed with my spinning I noticed the weavers. I didn't get it. "Why would you weave fabric when you can buy it in the store. Plus I am highly allergic to sewing, so I really don't have any interest in doing THAT."

And you can guess the rest.



Yes I am the proud owner of a Kromski Rigid Heddle. I took the plunge back in the spring and have been weaving here and there.



This was some singles I had spun and dyed. I am in love with the blues.




This was some mohair I had in my stash. See, one of the reasons I was attracted to knitting was the thought of what a great stash buster it is. And while I have no interest in any other kind of weaving but ridid heddle, I have learned to never ever say never.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails