Sunday, October 11, 2009

One of THOSE Blogs

I love following a good blog. I look forward to seeing my bloglines each day and checking out the latest and greatest in my blog friends lives. Most of them post regularly. Some more frequent than others. Then there are those that just kind of fade away. Nothing. I have become one of those blogs I fear. I have the greatest of intentions, but I don't take pictures, get too busy with other things. And now over 6 months has passed and I can't believe the entire summer went by with not so much as a single post!

For a multitude of reasons, while summer is usually my "down" time, it wasn't this year. There was lots of work, lots of little trips here and there with the family, there was certainly knitting, spinning and weaving (did I say weaving? Ah, yeah - a post for another day). I got hooked on Facebook, found Farmville (another addiction which needed an intervention), had lots of fun with my family - overall it was busy. Who doesn't have a busy life? Summer had been my "time to have fun and abandon work and structure". Now with the fall here I find myself trying to get a little more organized (another intervention sadly needed).

I found myself in a knitting slump for a while. I would sit down at the end of trhe day at 9 pm and have no energy to work on anything. I did accomplish some things though.

My entrelac shawl. I am in love with the colors and the way it looks. The way it feels - eh. Too much mohair. Lesson learned. It's not next to the skin, so I can live with the feel.




This was some Knitpicks yarn I had dyed a couple of years ago. I had bought a shirt in the beginning of the summer with the same exact colors. I knit on the socks fearing that the summer would either be over or I would stain the shirt and never get wear them together! I did finish the socks. I even got to wear the ensemble a couple of times. Guess what I did last week? Wore the darn shirt while my mother was dyeing my hair. And yeah - it got dye on it. Can you say "What were you thinking?" I love the socks anyway and wear them all the time.



I did some spinning too. Check out this brown Alpaca



Not sure what it's going to be yet. I originally planned on weaving a nice heavy blanket with it, but I found a nice wrap that might work. I have about 2 pounds of it.

We have a frost warning in RI tonight. I am looking forward to lighting the first fire in the woodstove and knitting on my shawl. And maybe making some popcorn too! Enjoy your day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails