Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ta Da

I am out of garter stitch hell and my pi r square shawl is complete.



I am pleased as could be with the shawl. Even with the panic attack I had at the end when I finished with about a yard of yarn left. But the real panic happened when I went to block it. I layed it out over my bed and pinned it all to find that the garter stitch portion had much more stretch in it than the feather and fan border I decided to use. "oh shit" was all I could say. I put it on me - and it fell just perfectly. All was fine. I love it - it is like a big hug and I will definitely make another one with more handspun.

4 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Wow, that looks awesome. I bet it's cozy as can be.

calicokitty6 said...

Wow That came out beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person

cindy said...

Donna.................love the shawl. I remember seeing it at Panera's when you began it.

Marci said...

Gorgeous shawl Donna. I'd love to be able to make something like that. I quilt, paint, draw, but knitting, not so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails