Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hello from the sick house

I am the only healthy one here - at least as we speak. Nicole had a virus of some sort all week with a fever for 4 days and hubby has a fever and puke bug. I bought clorox wipes and have been hitting all the doorknobs, light switches, remotes, keyboards, etc... I have been taking Airborne until I can't take the taste anymjore. I'll be darned if I am going to be sick next weekend for my spinning retreat.

A few of you asked about the retreat. A bunch of us from the Bayberry Spinners get together once a year at a convent in Watch Hill RI and spin, knit, eat, drink, and laugh and laugh and laugh. We look forward to it every year. I promise to take pictures this year - I have my own camera now :-)

In the midst of playing Florence Nightingale I did accomplish a few fiber related things. I finished spinning all of the Riverwalk from Spunky Eclectic. I ended up with about 550 yards. I was going to make a vest with it but I don't think I have enough. I'm open to suggestions....



Still no pics of the laptop case in progress. I keep forgetting... I am going to try to get the knitting finished today. Felt it tomorrow. I may be a bit over ambitious. I have to leave shortly for my dad's for his birthday dinner. Everyone wish my daddy a happy 66th birthday!

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Happy birthday, Donna's dad! You share this birthday with my own dad and my husband. Good day for good men to be born, apparently. :-)

BammerKT said...

Oooooooooooooo I hope to hear all about the retreat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails