Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Day Lazy

So I spent my New Years Day just the way I wanted - kntting spinning and reading. I got some progress done on the shawl. There was actually much more progress but I had to rip out about 6 rows after I added the second ball of yarn. It seems that the other yarn is thicker than the original and it was puckering. Ick. I think I will save that till the end and use it as he edging. I can make it look like a ruffle. Still not sure. I love the colors....

Today my big project is working in the studio. Did you all know that I had a studio? Yeah - its a very inspirational place to be.



Scarey place is more like it. This is our spare room upstairs. I have taken it over. Or should I say my fiber has taken it over. My goal is just to organize my fiber stash and get rid of all the crap that gets thrown up there because it has no place else to go.

I can't get rid of the wood flooring that is being stored up there or the insulation. But I can at least get rid of all the other stuff and see what I have. OK - I need to get moving. I would much rather stay and chat with you, but that isn't getting my studio looking like something that shouldn't be condemmed. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Well at least you had a good day of rest yesterday! :) Good luck with wiping that studio into shape.

Gina House said...

I think you're awesome for tackling the job of organizing your fiber and fixing up your craft room. It'll probably be a big job, but totally worth it in the end. If you ever want to do a fiber swap with me, let me know...my own fiber could do with some organizing! LOL

BTW, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. You're the best!

calicokitty6 said...

A few days ago was spent re-arranging my yarns/fibers to consolidate some of the bins. Good luck getting it done in one day. I might have to tackle the rest of my room too.

livnletlrn said...

Yikes, that IS scary, but oh how good you'll feel when it's cleaned up!

Gorgeous shawl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails