Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

New Years Day is one of my favorite days of the year. It is full of hope and new beginnings. And it has absolutely no excuses to not sit around and knit/spin/listen to the ipod and read ALL DAY LONG. What else would you want to do after partying the night before? Did we party - just a bit. Our party was squashed a bit by the snowstorm that came to town. We only had 4 brave souls who were willing to travel the roads to come visit. My mom only lives 2 blocks away, so I guess it wasn't too treacherous a ride for her. But we do live at the bottom of a steep hill that is very intimidating in the snow so I give her full credit.

There was bit of drinking (no photos to show, but I assure you I enjoyed my Butter Shots and Baileys.

There was a teenager acting goofy


There was chatting and laughing and even some knitting.


Yes I am knitting again. That is the Pi R Square Shawl. I am using some of my handspun stash for it. I am mixing up the colors a bit too.


I knit a camera case for the new camera.


Did I mention that we got a new camera for Christmas? That was a long funny story. One best saved for another post. But you will notice the picture quality is better these days. So easy to shoot a pic and download it to the laptop now.

Enjoy your New Years Day however you celebrate. And my best wishes for a Healthy Happy and Prosperous New Year for all of you.

1 comment:

Gina House said...

Ooh, love that camera case! Is that your own design? I'd love to make that for my iPhone. I think it's around the same size/shape. What yarn is it in? Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails