Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tour de Fleece

So how did I fare on the Tour de Fleece? Not too bad. I finished spinning all the roving for my Sprout Cardi. I had that darn fiber for over 2 years! I am in love with the yarn and how it is knitting up. There is nothing like handspun yarn. I have no updated photos as it has been just too darn hot to have that wool sweater sitting on me as I knit it.

I did get through a few of the hand dyed fibers I had. They turned out real nice



Then there is this one. While I love the bright colors I think it may be too bright for the other yarns I am using with it



Here is my original inspiration


While it is bright and has some angelina for sparkle it isn't like "Here I Am - Check Out My Bling" sort of bright. There is even some muted blue tones. So that is leading me to spin this next to go with it.


I got 2 oz. done. Another 2 to go.


Maybe I can finish tonight. Unless I keep spinning this


It never ends...........

Oh yeah - and tomorrow the Ravelympics begin. I am SO excited about my project. Tune in tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jerry said...

Hi,
I cant wait to see the last fiber spun up, the lavender one. Your hand dyeing looks nicer than the inspiration. Oh, this is Jerry AKA twistedknitster on Plurk/Ravelry

livnletlrn said...

man, some yummy skeins there!

Lisa said...

I think the first one and the second to the last one are my favorites, but they're all lovely!

Unknown said...

OMG, I love everything you have spun! I keep checking back to see what you come up with next.

Bev's Yarn Crazy

calicokitty6 said...

I love the lavender one and can't wait to see it spun up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails