Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympics

It's one of my favorite times - the Olympic Games. I'm not sure why I get so excited. I'm not much of a competitive person by nature. I have never ever played sports in my life (high school gym was torture for me). I get inspired by all those athletes and their stories - how they have basically given up their lives to get to the Olympics. Not to mention the sacrifices their families have had to make.

Another reason I have been getting excited for the Olympics is that it is time for the Ravelympics. For those who do not belong to Ravelry the object of our "Olympics" is to plan a project that will be started when the opening ceremonies begin and have it complete by the time the ceremonies end. I knew I wanted to make socks with Noro Sock. I love the colors. I checked online at Webs and made a few purchases.

There was this


And this


Then there was this


Oh yeah - and this!


Now I knew I wanted to tackle entrelac knitting. I have never tried it before and I love the way it looks. So what was my final decision?



In case you can't see (picture quality wasn't too good) I picked the last yarn - #188. I decided on the Anntrelac socks.

Check back tomorrow to see my progress and see what I picked up at the Alpaca Farm on the Cape.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails