Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics and other fun things

What a great weekend it was. The weather was perfect. Not too hot but the sun was shining and there was a little breeze (Sunday was more than a breeze perhaps - it was darn windy at times!). I went to the Washington County Fair on Saturday and met up with some spinning friends that I hadn't seen in a while. There was Debbie, and Marva and Sandi and Sharon and all the other girls at the RI Spinners Guild. I became an "Official Member" and gave Debbie my dues for the rest of the year. Why not? They have some nice events coming up and I am excited to be able to attend.

While at the fair I finished spinning up my Spunky Club selection from last October which was called Goblin Eyes. I spun it on my drop spindle and plied it on my Louet. I have two more balls to ply but this is the first one

I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet (do I ever really know what I am doing with my yarn??).

I finished plying Rose Garden.


That was originally spun for a small pair of socks but I don't have enough. I might combine it with some other handspun and make the socks. Still deciding on that.

I have more roving sitting in the sun and have pics of the last little experiment. I love the way it came out. I am going to try some natural dyeing next. I read a great article in Hobby Farm Homes.

Progress on THE sock? Look at my last post - it looks about the same despite the fact that I knitted on it for a good portion of Sunday. I messed up somehow and had to frog it back to where I started. It has taken me 2 days to even look at it again. Thank goodness I have till this weekend to finish.

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Nope, the beadwork on my scarves was not difficult at all; just need to pay attention to where the beads are when you do the stitches so they sit right. The Undulating Waves scarf pattern makes it very clear. The beads are all pre-strung, so you just move them into place as needed. This was a good take-along project for the summer.

calicokitty6 said...

I'm glad you joined the guild.

The Goblin Eyes came out nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails