Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More sun and fun

I think I am addicted to solar dyeing. As soon as I get one batch out of the jar I am loooking to start the next one. I took the last batch of roving out yesterday and I am itching to put more in but I am waiting to do some natural dyes. I have to make a trip to the store today to get the alum and cream of tartar for the mordent. And I'm not sure what I am using for the dyeing yet either. I have alot of marigolds. I also have some red flowers (have no idea what they are - a green thumb I am not). I am going to think on that one today.

In the meantime here's what I got last week out of the jar


The colors aren't appearing very well because of the sun but it came out nice with a dark violet and blue and green. I love it.

I took this out yesterday


I am totally in love with this one. I might even start spinning it tonight at my spinning group. And with this chilly autumn weather we are having today those colors make me feel comfy. I even have the urge to bake some more. Funny how the colder weather does that. Thank goodness it goes back to being in the 80's tomorrow. I'm really not ready for summer to end. Speaking of - we have to go school clothes shopping today. I hate it because it really does mean summer is coming to and END. I like having my daughter around and being able to have lazy days ocassionally. There's always next summer.........

5 comments:

livnletlrn said...

wow, those are spectacular. I especially like the 2nd one.

Unknown said...

I hadn't heard of solar dyeing, but the results sure are beautiful!

CrazyFiberLady said...

Your solar dyeing is gorgeous! I especially like the batch that came out yesterday. Beautiful.

I'm not ready for summer to be over yet either. It is my favorite season and goes far too fast.

Faith said...

What an interesting method of dyeing! I've never thought of doing it that way. Very cool!

calicokitty6 said...

I love the rovings. The second one is my favorite, but, then my favorite colors are blue, purple, and pink.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails