Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ah Sunday................

I woke up this morning really early. Around 5 or so. Way too early for a Sunday for me. Earlier in the summer that would have suited me just fine because I would have gone on the deck and knit for a while. Big problemo with that is that it is still friggin dark at 5 AM now. Another sign that summer is nearing it's end. So I went back to sleep for a while.

Hubby was going fishing and I had plans to actually go (one day I will get into the whole 'I don't like the boat so much' history - let's just say that for now it has to be a real calm day and all conditions HAVE to be perfect for me to go). The wind started kicking up by 8 AM. That was the end of my fishing. Thank God Nicole was willing to go out with her dad - I would have felt guilty having him go alone.

Gee - the day to myself - what on earth will I do???


Ummm - knit perhaps? Maybe even spin?

I did spin for a bit yesterday

The alpaca/shetland mix that I have about 6 pounds of. Take that big bag below and add 2 more and that is how much I have to spin. That is my long term project. I set it up on my Polonaise and I am not in a hurry. I plan on knitting sweaters for the family from it and that won't happen till the winter anyway. Spinning it is just heavenly though. Sooooo soft! I can't wait to get the first skein plyed to see what it will be like.

Speaking of sweaters I have been working on one for my neighbor who just had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago. I fell in love with the Sweater on Two Needles from Elizabeth Zimmermans Knitting Almanac. It's so dainty. And I think there were about 1500 completed ones to check out on Ravelry. Let me tell ya - this pattern kicked my ass. I had to rip the darn thing out 7 times. I was so tempted to give up. I checked for errata - none. It is such a simple pattern for God's sake. What the heck was I doing wrong? So I dug my heels in and gave it a last try again last night with a little extra help.

Yeah - that'a a Pomegranate Martini I called for aide. And damn it worked! Not really - I think my issue was that I was dropping some of my yarn overs on the purl side. I put lots of markers and keep counting and so far so good. I am hoping to finish the body today and start working on the sleeves later tonight. That is if I can keep going with no further problems. We shall see........

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

All hail the pomegranate martini and its knitting improvement powers!

livnletlrn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails