Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hey I Made It!

Two days in a row. Wow! Are you impressed?

For Christmas last year (I know - it's June - don't rub it in about the tardiness) my darling husband bought me a drum carder. A really nice one too. A Louet one. Here's where I should insert a nice picture, but darned if I can find it.

However - as much as I didn't want to break my hubby's heart, I really had no need for a drum carder. After that last fiasco with buying, cleaning, and carding only half of the cormo fleece from NH Sheep and Wool in 2007 I am unlikely to tackle that endeavor anytime soon. Oh, and to make it worse - I HATE the way the cormo came out. It still felt greasy. It is now being processed along with my gray Alpaca fleece and another nice fleece I bought at NH this year. And if I really need a drum carder I can borrow one from Pat or Lisa (love you guys <3)!

So bottom line - I sold it. I also sold the Hitchiker wheel that I no longer used. That left me with some extra cash that I promptly used to buy this:


It is a Kromski Polonaise and I love it! It spins like a dream. And the bonus? It comes with a Woolee Winder. I never thought it was something I needed. Let me tell ya - once you use one you will want it!

I was never really into naming my wheels. My Lendrum is just my "Lendrum", my Louet is referred to as "my Louet". No big deal. I thought Polly would be a nice name for her but it seemed too obvious. So since I got her from my friend Pat, I decided to name her Patty. Sounds good, huh?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails