Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching up a bit

Wow - how do you catch up on a year of spinning and knitting in one post? You can't. So if I can be good and post at least every few days (My goal is to eventually be as good as Carole and post every day) we will accomplish something. Baby steps here.

So - what have I been doing? Lots of socks, of which I have no pictures of at the moment. I started my Pi Shawl by Elizabeth Zimmerman. It doesn't look like much right now though. I am putting my faith in the blocking gods that it will eventually look like something besides a "Big Jellyfish" as my friend Lisa says.


I wasn't too keen on the color at first. And the photo doesn't do it much justice either. It was my own handspun and the roving was a mix of gold and a deep rose. When it hits the sun it does look unique.

I have been working on this shawlette as well. I think it will be great for summer. And it is my portable project now since it requires no thinking at all and my Pi Shawl has gotten too large to carry around anymore.


And look at this pretty roving from the Spunky Club. I can't wait to see how those colors turn out. I am invisioning some socks.


I have lots of spinning to do and I am really especially excited about it. Want to know why? You'll have to check back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gina House said...

OOOHH...look at that gorgeous Spunky fiber...she has great stuff, doesn't she? I love the way your Pi Shawl is coming out. Are you enjoying knitting it? Great colors ; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails