Sunday, December 23, 2007

Why I Won't Be Going To Webs This Christmas Vacation....

I was fortunate enough to pass by the town of Northampton where my favorite yarn shop resides - Webs. I got to go there two times in a month!! I usually get there in the spring when I go to Mass. Sheep and Wool and then again at Christmas when my friends and I make the trip to Yankee Candle for their end of year sale. However, when I went to the yarn mecca I showed restraint - really I did. I kept it down to a few skeins of sock yarn. Wanna see???


This is Schaeffer Anne in the coloway,,,,, well, I don't really know. There is no colorway on the tag. Not sure how that happened, but I love the colors. I'm not so sure I even want to make socks out of it. I started making a scarf out of another skein of Anne I bought last year and let's just say it is slow going. Making a scarf out of sock yarn is not a quick knit. I may never do it again.


This is Trekking pronatura. I saw this knit up at the store and just loved it to death. I have another sock I started last year in Trekking XXL and I love the way that looks too, but I was having sizing issues that kept me from really digging the whole project. I need to get back to that too. I'm detecting a pattern here?


Here we have my splurge - it's Alpaca Sox by Classic Elite Yarns. It's made up of 60% alpaca, 20% merino and 20% nylon. My feet will feel like they are in heaven with these socks on.


This was a case of falling in lust with the colors. Greens, purples, browns, rust.... I'm feeling faint. The price was incredible - only $13 for Lang Jawoll which is 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon. And the nice little extra - it comes with a bobbin of reinforcing thread in the same colors. Hello??? How could this NOT come home with me????


Now I'm still not sure what I am doing with this little beauty but it must have been the fact that Christmas was close by and all I could think about was pine green. But it's mine just the same. This is the only skein I might actually use to make socks for somebody else. Selfish aren't I? That leads me to the subject of Christmas knitting, which I will tackle tomorrow.

1 comment:

calicokitty6 said...

You got a lot of goodies. Yay for you. :)

I tagged you for a meme which you will find on my blog. Hope I did this right. See you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails