Sunday, December 16, 2007

Photos and stuff,,,, as promised

I know - I'm a couple of days late, but considering I have all my Christmas shopping done and the gifts are wrapped and the house is decorated (well, as much as I intend to decorate this year) I gave myself a break.... All I have left to do is mail my Christmas cards (just couldn't deal with the line at the post office yesterday) and ship out a couple of boxes. I feel like I can really enjoy the upcoming week without much stress. I can even get some baking done!

So today was a dream day - football, snow outside and knitting. Here is what I am working on:

I have mastered two socks on one circular and I am digging it!



This was some of the yarn I picked up at Webs a couple of months ago. I picked up a bunch of goodies there (I have to gather them all together and take more pics later). It was mostly sock yarn. I just can't resist.......

Remember the cormo fleece I was washing and trying desperately to get the grease and yuck out of? It is finally becoming a sweater for hubby.



Sorry for the dark photo. It isn't much to look at anyway - just a big stockinette panel that will be the back. It is going to be a shawl collar pull over. I am making the pattern up myself as I go along. This could prove disastrous.

I came up with a good use for my bits of leftover handspun



I still have to weave in the ends of one of the socks. But overall I am happy with it. Have you seen the Winter edition of Knitty? I love the design by Lynn Vogel for the moebius shawl (I can't remember the name of the project but is on the pattern section). I have a bunch of 4 oz. batches of fiber to spin. I think I will match up some nice colors and work on that over Christmas break as well. I think that list of "things to do over Christmas break" is getting larger than I can possible handle.

And finally a full shot of the tree with the drunk Angel at the top. She keeps falling. She needs to put down the egg nog.......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails