Monday, May 14, 2007

NH Sheep and Wool

The highlight of the fiberworld this weekend was the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool. The weather was perfect and it was heaven!!! And what do you ask, did I buy?

Cute isn't he?? But no, sadly I did not buy that sheep. I did get a fleece though.

I started washing it yesterday and it is so soft. It is cormo, which I have never spun before. It will be used for a sweater for hubby. I also got an Alpaca fleece. I think what I got was called a blanket - it is just the belly and back. It's a nice color grey that I will card with some of the cormo. Both were had for a great price.

I also got some merino tencil

The colors are hard to see. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone photos!

I also got a chance to meet Carole. It's so nice to meet the people you talk to online. I had to cut my time short - I lost my daughter and had to catch up with some other friends. I look forward to meeting more bloggers at the next event!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi!! I was there. I didn't know you were going!! I bought an appalling amount of roving and came right home and started spinning. Crazy! I most definitely will be at RI S&W. One more exam tomorrow so I am off to the library. Again.

Gina House said...

Wow! Great fibers you got! I had such a good time at the NH S&W, too. Wasn't it a gorgeous day?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails