Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dyeing, knitting, spinning, dyeing, dyeing

More than anything there has been lots of dyeing in our house. I have had fun playing with different dye techniques. I still have more to go! My goal is to finish tomorrow and the rest of this week I can focus on setting my display up, etc. for the RI Sheep and Wool Festival.


I have been spinning a bit

Just the same blue I have had since last year from Sheep Shed. I am thinking of plying it with something I dyed. More details later.

I got a chance to knit with my hand-dyed, hand-spun yarn.

Just a hat, but I love the color combo.

I got some of Lisa Souza's yarn. It feels so nice and smushy! I am working on another pair of Jaywalkers

Nice spring colors!

On a sad note, I have one too many wheels now and need to look for a good home for one of them. The one I use the least is my Hitch Hiker. I bought it last year for when I go camping but we have not gone as much as we used to. My total investment with the extra bobbins (I have a total of 5) was $260. I am willing to give her to a good new home for $230. Her only blemish is that one of the rubber grommets on the base fell off and I replaced it with some felt padding. She works wonderful! The most portable wheel ever!

1 comment:

Pixiepurls said...

oh that hat looks wonderful and so does that all that hand dyed fiber! I'm never brave enough to dye tho i do have a kit I bought, I just don't want to get stuff all over myself hehe :) I have loads of natural roving tho so one day I'll get around to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails