Monday, March 12, 2007

Knitting and Nature

One of the things I love about where we live is that you can get up early in the morning and see 8 deer grazing in your back yard and then see this

I did try to get a picture of the deer - really I did. But as things naturally go around here, my cell phone was in the car (would have to pass the deer to get it and photo op would then be gone) and my camera batteries were charging. And, to add to it all, we had just let Magnum out to go potty and he was almost toe to toe with a 6 foot tall deer and his friends. They stood there looking at each other for a while. I'm sure Magnum was thinking "Wow, and I thought I was a big dog". After about 4 mins. the deer puffed up their tails, made a snorting sound and walked off.

I woke up early Saturday morning and put my rocking chair in front of the sliding door and just knit, rocked, looked at nature and listened to some old podcasts. It was heaven. I can't wait until I can sit out on the deck in the morning and knit with my coffee. Another couple of months before the weather is warm enough for that.

I do love where we live - it's just missing two things. More land and less cold weather. We know that one day when Nicole graduates we will be heading down south someplace. We are looking at land options now. We would love to at least have a few acres and then build something later on. If it weren't for the land situation here I might be tempted to stay. We have a tiny lot - 70'x80', but it appears so much bigger because our neighbors have huge lots with rolling hills.

House prices here have gone through the roof. We only bought this house 5 years ago and it is worth four times what we paid for it. And that was before we added the second floor. I am not sure what the value is right now (OK, the value when it is actually finished one day in the murky future).

Not much knitting done this weekend. A decent amount of spinning though. I am getting ready to start the Rabozo shawl as soon as I spin up the rest of the bobbin and ply it. I was originally going to spin everything up then knit, but I see so many others that spin a bit, knit a bit, etc... So I will try this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails