Thursday, January 18, 2007

Toasty Warm Socks

Done just in time for the frigid winter temps we are having



My first socks done with my hand spun yarn! I am a bit concerned about how well they will wear. I knit them on a size 1, so they are pretty tight. I still have enough yarn left over to knit another pair. I think I bought a total of 8 oz. altogether. I think next time I will spin thinner and do a 3 ply.

Now, what do I do with this



I bought this last time I was in NC on a visit and didn't realize how popular Trekking had become. I want to do something a little different than my normal sock pattern that I have memorized. Need a bit of a challenge.

On my wheel I am still spinning my free fleece. I am not sure what is next. I still have those 2 pound bags of roving I got at the last couple of Sheep and Wool festivals. Not to mention the big bale from Sheep Shed Studio.

Did I mention that my Girl Scouts decided to work on their Textile Arts Badge? I am bringing my wheel in to the next meeting as well as some spindles and let them card some of the fleece that I still have. We will be taking a trip in the Spring to an Alpaca farm and they will get to see the Alpaca sheared. I'm not sure who is more excited - me or them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails