Well hello there - it's been a few weeks. It's nothing personal - I just haven't been very active "socially". In real life I have been having fun so let's talk about it. It's actually great timing with Carole's prompt today. Here are five of the best things I did this summer:
1. Took our annual trip to the Cape. We made a couple of different stops this time, including Cape Cod Beer and Cape Cod Chips. We went to a different beach (which I can't remember the name of but it was a small one). We had our favorite pizza from Joey's, checked out the town of Hyannis and relaxed.
2. I did a lot of spinning outside. Some at events like this past weekend at the Pardon Grey Reserve which is right in my town.
3. I spent a lot of time near the water. I found a lot of peace there. I love the sounds and the smells (unless it's low tide - ick!)
4. We worked on the back yard and did some rearranging. The deck was rebuilt and we spent a lot of time outdoors. We even got an outdoor heater to extend the season! Surprisingly we haven't had to use it yet.
5. We went to the boat races in our back yard. It's always a lot of fun and it wasn't nearly as hot as it was last year!
And now the reality is that Fall will be upon us. I do love this time of year. And I have some fun plans.
1. I'm going to Rhinebeck! I wasn't sure if it was going to happen but it is and can you believe it will be my first Sheep and Wool of the year?
2. Reading. I read a lot over the summer and I intend to keep it up now that the cooler weather is coming.
3. Going back to the Cape. We will be our there again in a couple of weeks for an extended weekend to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday (I know - how did THAT happen?).
4. Halloween and Thanksgiving. I have already been starting my Pinterest lists.
5. Knitting some sweaters. I already started one and hope to get another one done by Christmas (I actually have two that I started last year that I'm undecided on - I will continue with them or rip them back).
So tell me about your Summer (since I have been sorta absent) and what fun stuff you have planned for this Fall.