Sunday, June 12, 2016

Vacation Part 2

Our first island stop was Amber Cove in the Domenican Republic. Carnival seems to have constructed this port for their ships. There was the usual stores (how many souvenirs did I buy?  Zero. Can you believe that one?). Beyond the stores was a beautiful pool with a bar you could sit at in the water 


Seems like you have to get there early for a seat. I can't seem to start drinking before 9 AM. Call me a lightweight. 

Nicole and the hubby did the zip line. 


$12 and you can go as many times as you like.  I'm a chicken so I stayed on the ground. 





As soon as you got off the boat the humidity was wet blanket. It's amazing the difference when you are out at sea. It's so much cooler. 

It's not a port that I would visit again. There was much more to do at the next island.  




4 comments:

Bonny said...

I'm with you on not being able to drink before 9 am, and more than a glass or two of wine has me falling asleep after 9 pm. Looking forward to more lovely sky and sea photos!

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

You went with the DR without me? On vacation? I am feeling left out.. :)

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I would love to go zip lining!

Carole said...

The pool bar and area is really lovely, too bad there aren't enough seats for everyone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails