Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Yarn Along





I don't have much to show for knitting this week.  I'm knitting gifts which I can't reveal yet and my spinning looks pretty much like last week.  So instead I'll share my Color Affection I finished in August.

I wanted it complete by the time we went to the Cape for vacation - more so because I wanted to photograph it at the beach.  I got it done, but we never had time to get to the beach so it sat on my rocking chair.  I finally got a chance this weekend to go to our local beach and grab some shots but the sun was bright so I wasn't too happy with what I took.  I saw a group of clouds headed our way so I figured that was the opportunity.  Then the phone rang and it was hubby telling us he had fallen and we needed to make that trip to the ER so that was the end of the photo shoot.

I never blocked my first Color Affection but I think after wearing this one a couple of times I am going to.  It seems more like a scarf than a shawl.  So after I do that I may attempt more pictures.

Inspire me with your reading and knitting and link up with Ginny!



14 comments:

Debbie said...

it's so beautiful, really gorgeous!!! it belongs on the beach....the images could be the cover for a romance novel. set on the beach, of course!!!!!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I just want to crawl into your photos, I guess you know just how much I love them.
And your shawl, I love it too!

Carole said...

Awesome shawl and you know I love that photo shoot!

mamasmercantile said...

What a great setting for a photo shoot and I truly love the shawl.

elizabeth said...

hope your husband is fine now! beaches are so lovely. life is busy, I understand how things like photo shoots can take several tries etc. God bless you and your family!

flyingjen said...

Oh. No. Hope hubby is ok. I think your shawl came out great.

Lisa said...

Hi Donna! So sorry about your husband's fall -- do hope and pray he's ok and that it's nothing serious. How nice to be so near the beach...we only made one trip to the coast this summer (about two and a half hours away). I'll look forward to seeing your CA all blocked and photographed. Clouds do help ever so much (I was happy for a few of them yesterday while taking pictures for my YA post!). Love the colors in your C.A.!
xo Lisa :)

kathy b said...

Your COLOR AFFECTION is perfectly photographes. Oh my. Great job. Makes me want to knit one. Just ordered a book for me to read.

A Little Blue Dragonfly said...

Best wishes to your husband for a quick recovery! Your Color Affection is one of the prettiest I've ever seen...LOVE the beachy, coastal colors you chose to go with! *hugs* :)

Pom Pom said...

Yikes! I hope your husband is okay!
I like how your pretty piece of knitting looks, so close to the beach!

Sarah said...

Oh dear, I hope your husband is okay - off to see if there's anything more in a previous post that I may have missed. Your CA is really gorgeous, although in the first picture my heart stopped for a second because I thought it looked like you had dragged it and half buried it in the sand since one of the colors is so similar to the sand color. Hahaha!!

Sara said...

That's a very beachy CA; do block it. It's amazing how they grow and mature. I've made 2 and kept one. I hope your husband is doing well.

elns said...

Your color affection is fantastic. It looks perfect on the beach! I hope it blooms to the size you like, but it honestly it looks very nice!

karen said...

gorgeous shawl and a super gorgeous photo shoot!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails