Fall is coming and despite the fact that it means summer is coming to a close it is my favorite season. You can spend long periods of time outside in the warm but not too hot weather, the pumpkins are out, you can start breaking out the hand knits. It also means there are some foods that I am looking forward to having at this time of the year. So here are 10 Foods (and Drinks) I Am Looking Forward To Cooking/Eating Now That Fall Is Almost Here:
1. Pumpkin Coffee. Hot or iced. It's all good with me.
2. Apple Crisp. We will probably take a ride to the orchard this weekend to get some apples. It's an annual thing.
3. Anything from the farm stands. We stopped at a farm stand when we were on Long Island a couple of weeks ago and picked up the figs pictured above. They aren't my thing, but my dad loves them. They also had Concord grapes which I love, fresh peaches, corn...... There are still some good finds at those stands.
4. Hot Chocolate. I usually wait till winter for that but if it's a chilly morning I'm doing it.
5. Anything in my crock pot. It's great for the summer but I never use it then. I love making stews, roasts, chili.....
6. Bread baked in the oven. We don't use the oven much during the summer just because it heats the house too much. So I love when I can smell that bread baking.
7. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin anything!
8. Roasted chicken. With potatoes, onions, carrots in the oven.
9. Fettuccine Alfredo. I use my moms recipe and it is one of my favorite dishes of all time. But it's way too heavy to eat in the summer.
10. Popcorn on the wood stove. I'm not sure when we will have to do it, but at some point between October and November the stove gets lit so we can warm up. Which means winter is close. So pop some corn on the stove to make it better!
So what are some of your favorite Fall foods? Join us over at Carole's