Monday, July 13, 2015

Weekending



My mom, my daughter and I had a lovely weekend with a trip back to Long Island
On the agenda was the bridal shower for my cousin and his fiancee
Finding and eating all the foods we miss since leaving
Showing my daughter the places I grew up
Really noticing all the changes in the last 18 years
Having a last look at my grandfather's house since it's been sold
Going through some of his belongings and deciding what to take and what to leave behind
A relaxing ferry ride back home
And some great mom/daughter time with the three of us

How was your weekend?



4 comments:

karen said...

what a fun weekend! food, family and celebrating :) I love returning to my old neighborhood and seeing it with aged eyes. Everything looks smaller...

Carole said...

That sounds wonderful! My weekend was great, too, we spent it at the lake with friends!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Getting a chance to show your daughter where you grew up must have been so surreal for you. What an amazing trip that must of been. So, you grew up on Long Island? Cool. You know, I've never been to NY, but would love to one day.

Darcel {MahoganyWayMama} said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. We've moved back to my hometown and it's an amazing feeling to be able to show my kids where I grew up. Love that view of the beach with all those pretty flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails