Going away is nice but there is no place like home. At the end of the day it feels good to walk through the door. Here are 10 Things I Love About My Home.
1. One of the reasons we bought our home was the view. It gets a bit smaller over the years with the trees growing but we still have it.
2. The creek in the back yard. I love being out there in the Spring and listen to it trickle. It's so peaceful.
3. The open floor plan. Our kitchen, dining room and living room is all one big space. That was one of our renovations. I really have to dig up some pictures of the house before we added the second story and renovated.
4. The butcher block. I always wanted one in my kitchen to cook on and for everyone to gather around.
5. My deck upstairs off my bedroom. We don't use it very often (and now it needs repairs) but it's beautiful up there.
6. My woodstove. For a variety of reasons. Mainly because it keeps us warm. And it's cozy.
7. My knitting table. I inherited the tall table from my brother and it's filled with all my current knitting stuff. It overlooks the water and it's a peaceful spot.
8. I like where we are located. Close to the beach, close to most stores yet close to lots of land and open space.
9. The seagulls. What cracks me up is that they never land in my yard. They seem to like my neighbors yards. Hence they don't make a mess in mine. I do love listening to them squawk. Sometimes they get pretty loud!
10. The voices I hear when I walk through the door. My loved ones are there
Come and join us over at Carole's.