Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yarn Along


It's Wednesday already?  How did that happen?  And it's July, which totally amazes me.  Summer is here for sure.  And I am doing some reading and knitting.

I forgot about his book I had on the iPad.  I'm really enjoying it so far.  I needed a little light fiction to relax my brain.  This seems to be working well.


A new project has been cast on and it kinda just looks like a jellyfish right now, in my opinion.  It is Viajante by Martin Behm, one of my favorite knitwear designers (who just started following me on Instagram, and yes I did squee just a little).


It should start looking a little more formative by later today.  And yes you can all put me on the crazy train - lots and lots of stockinette in lace weight yarn might make me batty soon.  Everyone I know who is knitting it or has already knit it says it is a bit tedious but totally worth the finished product.  So we shall see about that.  


I will start spinning with Tour de Fleece coming up so I figure between the two it should be a good balance.

So what are you creating and reading lately?  Come join us over at Ginny's  



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh all that stockinette would drive me crazy after awhile but it will be worth it!!!
I haven't been knitting for weeks & weeks & weeks (I really think it's been months but that kind of depresses me) nothing has struck my fancy. I have been sewing a little bit here and there. But this heat has just been sapping my energy so it's really all I can do to feed my people & keep clean clothes ready for them!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Your knitting is going to be so pretty. I love lace knitting because it looks like a blob then you block it and magic happens.

I'm glad you like the book, I had it next on my list to read.

Sarah said...

Ha! Jellyfish.... that is a great description and made me laugh!

Heather said...

I never work with lace weight...it is just too scary to me! I think I would make it a jumbled mess :-)

Mama Gone Green said...

that books looks interesting-- I'll be excited to hear what you think once you have finished!

karen said...

your knitting has all the ingredients of yumminess! Love the color and the octopus (ha ha ha) design. Soon all too soon it will look lacy lovely :)

mamasmercantile said...

A total delight, the yarn is beautiful.

Stephanie said...

I've seen several photos of finished Viajante shawls. Amazing! I love lace yarn too, but it takes FOREVER to make anything substantial with it. Best wishes and happy knitting!

CathieJ said...

What a pretty color yarn. That shawl will be quite pretty. I already read that book and liked it enough that I just finished reading Needles and Pearls by the same author. Enjoy!

elns said...

I like your descriptions, "kinda looks like a jellyfish right now ..." "tedious ..." hehe.

You are a strong mentally stable woman to take on so much lace weight stockinette, but the pattern looks really nice.

sally said...

Hi

Lovely knitting (:

A Little Blue Dragonfly said...

Beautiful! I have been eyeing that pattern for a while now. :)

Kelli said...

Just beautiful!
Blessings,
Kelli

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails