Thursday, June 12, 2014

Magic

Like I showed you yesterday my Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl is complete.


You'll have to take my word that it fits perfectly. I couldn't get any modeled shots. The pattern is so easy and to be honest the most difficult part is deciding which colors to use. 


Paula gives great instructions and once you wind up your big cake of yarn you can really use it for anything. That alone was worth purchasing the pattern for. 


Lord knows I have enough leftover sock yarn (you can use any weight yarn) so I'll be making another one sometime over the winter. 

And this one will be keeping me warm near the fire pit this summer. 

11 comments:

Bonny said...

What a lovely shawl! It really is a magical combination of colors.

Tracey ~ Clover said...

It looks fantastic Donna!

I had to laugh when you said you would wear it around a fire pit this summer, our weather is so different! The temperature alone here makes for the least amount of clothing and when you factor in the humidity it's a whole new ballgame ;)

Carole said...

That's very beautiful and colorful!

Sue said...

I love it! What a fabulous shawl--colorful without being too bright. Definitely wearable and very, very pretty. I'm going to have to check out that pattern. :)

karen said...

Oh I do love this for using up the yarn leftover!! And it's a generous size!!

Gale Bulkley said...

Wow! I love it too.

Gale Bulkley said...

Wow! I love it too.

Unknown said...

It might be time to go through my sock leftovers. Love it!

Melissa Marie said...

I love the shawl! The colors are fantastic! Congrats! :)

Unknown said...

It's wonderful, I'm rather tempted to go through my sock leftovers now too!

Lisa said...

Donna! Love all that color! Love that you'll wear it by the evening fire. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails