Sunday, December 29, 2013

Santa Claus

That Santa man was really good this year.  I was kinda helpful to him though - I made my list, I emailed it to my hubby, parents, etc  him.   And I must have been really good because the packages were awesome.  I will get into the goodies in the next week or so, but one gift I need some help with.


I have been wanting a DSLR camera for years and Santa delivered.  However, my photography experience hasn't gone beyond iPhone and simple point and shoot cameras.  For all you bloggers who take such beautiful pictures - what would you recommend to this inexperienced wanna-be photographer?  Online class?  Any real helpful forums or websites you might recommend?  I have been using the Auto focus/program feature simply because I don't know any better.  Is that the norm or can you take much better pictures in the manual mode?

I know there is so much for me to learn and right now it seems a bit overwhelming.

Help?

4 comments:

karen said...

Play around with it, that's what I did many many many hours. If you noodle about the internet there are loads of free help.

I hope you have lots of fun!!!

Carole said...

My first bit of advice: don't use auto! I like AV but there are other settings, too. I'd recommend a class with Kim Klassen. They are online and you will learn a lot about post processing, adding textures and text, etc. MCP photo is also a great website with lots of tips.

Kim said...

Lucky you! Enjoy that camera. I agree with Karen, play around with it, a lot and then poke around the internet, tons of help there.

Happy New Year!

Liesl said...

Oh, you're going to have a lot of fun. My skill with and passion for photography really blossomed when I got a DSLR.

I learned everything I know through a lot of trial and error over the years. I spent a lot of time on the AV mode because that was where I was most comfortable. The P mode (Program) might a good place to start. It's a way that you can control certain settings and the camera will pick up the slack and take care of the other settings.

Have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails